The Kosher market is fluid and expanding at a rapid rate. With over $150 billion in kosher products being consumed annually, this is a market with a long-term future. If you are looking to increase both your business and market-share, kosher is the way to go.
MK – Canada’s Kosher Certifier has a premier, recognized certification that will open doors for you worldwide. It is an investment that will increase and grow your market share, garner more favorable shelf real estate and enhance your product line.
We will support you in any way we can to achieve your goals. Our professional and experienced team is friendly, supportive, discreet, and knowledgeable. Our goal is to get your product on the market as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Together we can grow your business and are ready to work with you!
Easy Steps To Kosher Certification
Easy Steps to Certification For your product or plant to be certified kosher, all ingredients and the way they are processed must be kosher compliant. Below is a simple, user-friendly way to begin your certification process.
- Apply for certification Complete and submit your application online by clicking here. The application form includes details about your company, plant, products, and ingredients used. Please note that all fields must be filled out. Once you have sent in an application, you will receive a call from one of our friendly representatives who will assist you throughout the process. If you have any questions or prefer to speak to one of our specialists before completing the form, please feel free to contact us by phone at 1 866-739-6363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using our high tech KCert System, kindly submit all ingredients used in the manufacturing of all products produced at your company. Should you require any assistance kindly contact our offices at 1 866 739-6363.
- After receipt of your application, an inspection of your production facilities will be conducted, should this be necessary. The procedures required, if any, to certify your facilities would be detailed at this time.
- Enter into a contract with the Jewish Community Council of Montreal, which authorizes you to use the MK registered trademark on your products.
- Your product is certified kosher MK. With your approval, your certified products will be listed in the MK Food Guide, on our website, Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and in our various other print and web publications. Congratulations!
What is Kosher?
The Hebrew word kosher means ‘fit’ with the kosher laws defining the foods that are fit for a Jew to consume.
Throughout our 4000-year history, the observance of kosher has been one of the symbols of Jewish identity. The kosher laws were commanded by G‑d, told to Moses who then told them to the Children of Israel at the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai. There are 613 commandments given to the Jews, but it is the kosher laws that underscore how much more Judaism is than a ‘religion’ in the conventional sense of the word.
Jews make up less than 2% of the North American population yet more than 40% of newly packaged food and beverage products in 2016 are labeled kosher. That number beats gluten and allergen free.
Kosher and trust is synonymous. When a product has a kosher stamp on it, especially one with a highly visible certification such as MK, the consumer knows the ingredients are accurate and authentic.
There are 1.5 million customers who buy kosher, 3.5 million non-Jews who buy kosher and 195,000 kosher products with more being added on a daily basis.
Over the past twenty-five years kosher food has developed into a $12.5 billion industry. People look to kosher symbol with the knowledge that the health and safety standards are impeccable, dependable and that there are no hidden ingredients derived from dairy or animal bi-products.
‘All-natural’ processed products also have a visible kosher symbol on the package. This is because the natural dyes and flavors listed in the ingredients may come from non-kosher species of insects and fish.
The Rabbinic supervisors add an extra level of cleanliness to the plants they monitor. As well, they ensure that products labeled dairy-free or gluten-free are in fact what they purport to be.
Kosher products are everywhere: in hotels, hospitals, universities, at sports games, in airports and shopping malls.
Kosher certification boosts your company’s market share. Positioned next to a competing non-kosher brand, a kosher product will outperform by 20%. This data has remained constant even in the smaller cities; this is true across North America.
Tap into this large and growing market, expand your business and broaden your private label business. Go Kosher!